Kindle owners do lots of things with their Kindles – some this you may already know how to do, but there may be a lot of you who never thought to do it. There is a discussion thread going on over at the Amazon site where members are posting some of the random things they do with their Kindles in addition to “just” reading books. I will be profiling some of these over the next few weeks – after all, part of the title line of this blog is supposed to be about Kindle tips vs. just a feature on free books!
Here’s one of the tips from the discussion board:
I use my Kindle 2 mainly for pleasure reading, but I also use it for:
- Reading order lists for books in a series or by a particular author
- Camera, TV, Blu-Ray manuals (.pdf)
- List of fingernail polish colors ownerd (so I don’t buy one I already have at home)
- Prescription list with pharmacy #, renewal dates
- Trip photos (black and white)
- Listening to audiobooks (while getting ready for work and during daily commute)
- Listening to hour long wind chimes MP3 for lunchtime relaxing/meditation
- Internet search for business locations/times while out of home area
- Internet search for movie/restaurant locations and listings when away from home
- Dictionary/Wikipedia reference
I am seldom more than 15 feet away from my Kindle at any time these days!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips.
Don’t have a Kindle? Click Here to learn more!