Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is Lilith: A Snake in the Grass, by Jack L. Chalker, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $5.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to https://www.publisherspick.com
- Scroll down just a little bit and click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately underneath the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click on any white space on the webpage.
- Click the “Free Checkout” icon on the right-hand side of the page.
- On the next page, fill out the requested information, then click the “Free Checkout” icon.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click Here” as that is the one compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
Four worlds that cannot be visited.
Four worlds that must be visited.
Aliens are spying on Earth from one of the four worlds that make up the Warden Diamond. But it is impossible to send agents to any of the four worlds because of unique microscopic symbionts that make it impossible for visitors to leave the Diamond.
Seeking a unique solution, each of the four worlds making up the Diamond is sent a person whose mind has been stripped of everything and who is now controlled by an agent of the Confederacy
Lilith is the first planet to be visited. Here, Cal Tremon, stripped of his own personality, must overcome incredible odds and survive not only the incredible perils of the foreign planet but his own controllers as well.
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in https://www.fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you click the link in the confirmation email!