Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is The Cyborg From Earth, by Charles Sheffield, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $5.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to https://www.publisherspick.com
- Scroll down just a little bit and click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately underneath the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click on any white space on the webpage.
- Click the “Free Checkout” icon on the right-hand side of the page.
- On the next page, fill out the requested information, then click the “Free Checkout” icon.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click Here” as that is the one compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://smarturl.it/xfer into your web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
Jefferson Kopal, the privileged son of a wealthy family, knows he is a coward and a failure. He dreads appearing for and then barely passes the Space Navy test to qualify for service as an officer—something that has been an integral part of his family’s tradition.
He is assigned to the remote Border Command by the Navy and eventually to a ship commanded by Captain Dufferin, who hates everything that the Kopal family stands for.
But when he is abandoned by his Captain and the rest of the crew, left for dead and possibly framed as a traitor, he must find his inner courage and resolve, not only to save himself, but to save his world as well.
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in http://www.fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you click the link in the confirmation email!