This is a special message for those of you who read this blog on their e-Ink Kindles via Amazon’s 99 cent subscription model….
You should have received an email from Amazon today titled “Notice About Your Kindle Blog Subscription;” mine came around 1:15 (USA Central Time) this afternoon. This email basically says the subscription will no longer publish to your e-Ink Kindle effective next week on August 19th; I’ve received quite a few emails from subscribers with a lot of questions, so let me try to answer some of the more frequent ones:
- This does not mean we are stopping publication of our site! While they certainly could have worded the email notification better, it just means (a) Amazon is not going to deliver it electronically to your Kindle, and (b) they are going to stop charging you monthly for them to send you what you can receive for free (see below).
- Yes, you can still receive the daily notifications, this time for free (see below)!
- Amazon quit advertising / supporting the ability to receive blogs on your e-Ink Kindles several years ago, and this is just a final nail in the coffin for that service. Personally, I’m surprised they kept it active for as long as they did.
This action by Amazon impacts several thousand people in the USA and UK – please note I mentioned the word “free” a couple of times in the above. Rather than just stopping reading the blog on your e-Ink Kindles, why not sign up to receive the same content for free? Here is how you can do it:
- Open up a web browser and go to fkbt.com/subscribe; once you are there, type in your email address in the in the box and click the “subscribe” button. You will now receive one email each morning with each day’s posts.
- Open up a web browser and go to fkbt.com and read whichever post strikes your fancy.
That seems pretty simple, doesn’t it? Give it a shot – rather than pay Amazon to deliver free content to you, how about trying the free email subscription? If you like it, great – if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe and still not be out any cash.
While you’re at it, how about telling a friend and having them sign up for free, also?
Have a great rest of your week-