Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is Tomorrow and Tomorrow, by Charles Sheffield, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $5.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to http://smarturl.it/ppick
- Scroll down just a little bit and click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately underneath the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click on any white space on the webpage.
- Click the “Free Checkout” icon on the right-hand side of the page.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click Here” as that is the one compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://smarturl.it/xfer into your web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
Ana is the love of Drake Merlin’s life. The woman he wants to grow old with, share every experience. But there is a hitch that is preventing them from obtaining their happily ever after….
Ana might be perfect for him, but she is dying.
Diagnosed with a rare disease, there is no cure for what ails her. At least, not in the 21st century. The only thing Drake can do—the one gamble that might, eventually, bring her back—is have Ana frozen and join her in cryogenic sleep until, one day, technology will have advanced enough be able to cure her.
Eons pass, and Drake is revived again and again, to see if humanity has evolved enough to be able to provide a solution. They try everything to help him bring her back or to encourage him to move on from his frozen soulmate—even creating a clone of his beloved. But it is not his Ana, his love. Nothing but her full revival will satisfy his obsession.
Millions of years pass before Drake learns that there is finally some hope for her restoration. At the Omega Point, the universe is collapsing, merging past and present; connecting the knowhow of now to the Ana of so long ago….
But first he must help the rest of humanity. Drake is revived one more time to fight an alien race who is hell bent on destroying the Solar System. For only a throwback from a past, where dissidence, material greed and violence were a part of human existence, will have enough fighting spirit to save a race that’s now too enlightened to understand war.
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in https://fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you click the link in the confirmation email!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your e-Ink Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week trial subscription! Click here for the Amazon page of the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog or type in http://geni.us/fkbt into your computer’s web browser..