Here’s another rambling blog post, where I don’t have much of an agenda before I start banging away on the keyboard. If you would like to write to me, my email address is michael at fkbt dot com (I type it out that way in a small attempt to thwart the spammers).
Fire Tablet Giveaway
Amazon announced they would be releasing a new version of the Fire tablet this week, which prompted me to host a quick giveaway for one of them: this was a rather fast giveaway for a short period of time.
Didn’t get a chance to enter? Don’t worry, there is still time but today is the last day you can enter. It’s free to enter, and it takes less than ten seconds to do it: just click here or point your web browser to http://smarturl.it/916gw and follow the instructions.
Please feel free to tell your friends, family, or random strangers about it so they can have a chance to win, also!
Lots of people have been sending in questions to me. Luckily, I’ve answered quite a few of them in some form or fashion over the years and you can always find stuff on the blog’s website (click here for a list of random tips).
I’ve been seeing a theme lately, which tells me more of you may have the same questions but didn’t know who to ask. In no particular order, here’s where you can find the answer to the top five questions of this past summer:
- How can I update the apps on my Fire? You can have the apps update automatically when an update is available (I do), or you can do it manually. To read about how to update your apps manually, click here.
- How can I change the default dictionary on my Kindle or Fire? You can set the default dictionary into just about any language out there. To read about how to change it, click here.
- How do I setup collections on my Kindle? This one comes across just about every other day. Click here to read about it.
- How can I contact Amazon’s Kindle customer service? Amazon’s Kindle customer service, on the times I have had to contact them (yes, sometimes I have to) have provided outstanding customer service. That’s unusual. Click here to read about how to contact them.
- What is this Kindle Unlimited thing you have a “Yes” or “No” line on each post? Kindle Unlimited is a service where you pay a monthly fee to Amazon in order to read just about as many books you want for free (“free” being a relative term in light of you pay a monthly amount to do it). Being a voracious reader myself, I am a member of Kindle Unlimited and read lots of books for one flat price each month. You can click here to learn more about it.
Some of these posts I’ve referenced have been out there for a while, so look for updates as appropriate soon!
I know, baseball has nothing to do with a Kindle. As a stretch, it has a lot to do with a Fire as we can watch baseball on it with various apps. I don’t know about you, but I am ready for the playoffs to begin! Of course, I’m also glad college football is here but that’s another story for another day…
The New Fire Tablet
Man of you have asked if I have ordered the new Fire tablet and, if so, will I be reviewing it. The answer is “yes” to both questions – it is supposed to arrive this week and I’m having it delivered to the office so I can make sure someone will be there to sign for it (and I also want to start testing it during my lunch break). I will put it through my normal tests of reading a book, watching a video, listening to some music, and trying out a few game apps. Once the review is “live” I will let you know so you can read it.
That’s all I had for this post – don’t forget to enter to win the new Fire tablet!
Have a great week-