Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is called Radix, by Jack L. Chalker, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $6.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below; please note this will only be free through February 29th.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to http://smarturl.it/ppick
- Click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately under the book’s cover and click the icon.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price underneath the “Amount” column to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click the “Update Cart” icon.
- Click the “Checkout” icon.
- Enter your name and email address. You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.
- Make your choice and click the “Complete Free Checkout” icon.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click here to download”as that is the one most compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://smarturl.it/xfer into your web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
A young man’s odyssey of self discovery in a world eerily alien, yet hauntingly familiar. *
Set thirteen centuries in the future, A. A. Attanasio meticulously creates a brilliantly realized Earth, rich in detail and filled with beings brought to life with intense energy. *
In this strange and beautiful world, Sumner Kagan will change from an adolescent outcast to a warrior with god-like powers and in the process take us on an epic and transcendent journey.
Looking for more – or a more reliable – source of free books for your Kindle? You can check out my book, Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them, if you click here or type in http://smarturl.it/fkb into your web browser!
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in https://fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you click the link in the confirmation email!