Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is called Tintagel by Paul Cook, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $4.61 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to www.ppickings.com
- Scroll down about one-third of the way on the right-hand side of the web page until you see Tintagel – this page is a little “busy” with lots of text and images.
- Click on the “FREE EBOOK of the Month” text immediately under the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, which asks you for a coupon code. The code for May is: 9991527
- Once you type in the coupon code, click the “submit” button.
- You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.
- Make your choice and click the appropriate button.
- At the next screen, scroll all the way down where you have a choice in what eBook format you would like to receive the eBook; you want to choose the “Mobi” version as that is the one most compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://bit.ly/roKqao into your computer’s web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free.
Here is the book’s description:
Music can be many things, but when it is used as a medium to spread a deadly virus that transports listeners to a deadly world of dreams, it threatens the future of humanity itself.
But not everyone is susceptible to the deadly virus and there is a group of ‘stalkers’ who are immune to its effects.
Francis Lanier is a stalker who can walk through the deadly dream worlds of others. He spends his time rescuing others from their dreams and races to find a final cure for this deadly infection.
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your e-Ink Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week trial subscription! Click here for the Amazon page of the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog or type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.
Download the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog app for your Kindle Fire or Android-based smartphone or tablet – for free, of course – by clicking here or type in http://amzn.to/freefireapp into your computer’s web browser from the Amazon App Store or click here or type in http://bit.ly/fkbtgoogle into your computer’s web browser for the Google App Store.