Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is called The Big Jump by Leigh Brackett, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $4.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow these instructions:
- Point your computer’s web browser to www.ppickings.com
- Scroll down about one-third of the way on the right-hand side of the web page until you see The Big Jump – this page is a little “busy” with lots of text and images.
- Click on the “FREE EBOOK of the Month” text immediately under the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, which asks you for a coupon code. The code for March is: 9991393
- Once you type in the coupon code, click the “submit” button.
- You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.
- Make your choice and click the appropriate button.
- At the next screen, scroll all the way down where you have a choice in what eBook format you would like to receive the eBook; you want to choose the “Mobi” version as that is the one most compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://bit.ly/roKqao into your computer’s web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free.
Here is the book’s description:
What awaits us out in space?
New star-drive engines promise to open up the galaxy to humankind. But the first ship to use the engines disappears and a sole survivor returns…alone and dying of some strange type of radiation.
No one can figure out what has happened to the ship or the crew. Nor does anyone know what happens to a ship travelling using star-drive technology.
Does some unknown horror await us out there?
The only way to find out is to go out again. And Arch Comyn is determined to be the one to solve the mystery.
But is he, and the rest of mankind, ready for whatever awaits us beyond The Big Jump?
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips or type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.
Check Out My Other Blog, “Kindle Books for a Buck (or Less),” with a primary focus on the independent author as there are jewels beyond the “name brand” authors. You can check it out by clicking here or typing in http://amzn.to/kb4abuck into your computer’s web browser. Who knows, you might find a new favorite author!