I am going to set this message up to go out every couple of months, as most of you read them on your e-ink Kindles vs. the computer or via email: if you’ve seen it before and know what I’m talking about, or if you’re just plain ‘ole tired of seeing it don’t worry – I’ll be back with a new post soon.
There seems to be a Kindle problem for a lot of folks – that is, what do you need to do if (a) this or any other blog, newspaper, or magazine all of a sudden stops updating each day on the Kindle, and (b) you can see the blog, newspaper, or magazine post in the to be downloaded list of the “Manage Your Kindle” section of the Amazon website and for some unexplained reason it doesn’t show up on your Kindle, or (c) you’ve ordered a book, app or anything else for your Kindle and it never seems to download.
You may need to write this down, or try to memorize it, because if it happens to you I’m willing to bet you won’t remember unless you’ve reset your Kindle a few times!
If this happens to you, you will need to reboot your Kindle.
Here is how you reboot an e-Ink Kindle:
- Click the “Home” button to get back to your home screen.
- Click the “Menu” button, and select “Settings.”
- You will see several options, but “reboot” is not one of those options. Press the “Menu” button again.
- You will have several options, but choose and click the “Restart” button.
- Alternatively, some Kindles are different – say the Paperwhite. Use the same instructions for the Kindle Fire below.
Here is how you reboot a Kindle Fire:
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, then release the power button.
- The Fire will turn off.
- After the Fire has turned off, press the power button once and release it to restart the Fire.
Once you reboot your Kindle, it could take about 1-2 minutes to reboot. Make sure your wireless is on, and the Kindle will go look in the Amazon store to see what is pending to be downloaded and viola! You should be back in business. If you ever need to restart your Kindle, I hope this helps!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your e-Ink Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week trial subscription! Click here for the Amazon page of the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog or type in http://geni.us/fkbt into your computer’s web browser.
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in http://www.fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you reply to the confirmation email!