Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is Humaity 2.0, by variopus best-selling science fiction authors, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $2.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to http://smarturl.it/ppick
- Scroll down just a little bit and click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately to the right of the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price underneath the “Amount” column to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click the “Update Cart” icon.
- Click the “Checkout” icon.
- Enter your name and email address. You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.
- Make your choice and click the “Complete Free Checkout” icon.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click here to download”as that is the one compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://smarturl.it/xfer into your web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
What will it mean to be human in the future? How will we evolve in order to reach the stars?
Fifteen short stories collected in this book examine how interstellar flight might change humanity itself. Will we choose to upload our minds into a singularity? Enhance ourselves with alien DNA? Will our bodies remain the same, but our culture and societal norms adapt to accommodate for effects of time dilation, or become subsumed by advanced alien cultures?
Hugo and Nebula award winning authors, bestsellers, and some of the hottest new writers in the field of hard science fiction imagine an array of possible futures—from bright to dystopian—and different permutations of what’s in store for us as a species.
Includes stories by Robert J. Sawyer, John Varley, Robert Silverberg, Brenda Cooper, Ken Liu, Mike Resnick, Jody Lynn Nye and many more.
Are you receiving the blog’s posts by email? You can if you click here or type in http://www.fkbt.com/subscribe into your web browser – just fill in your email address, smack the “Subscribe” button, and make sure you click the link in the confirmation email!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your e-Ink Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week trial subscription! Click here for the Amazon page of the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog or type in http://geni.us/fkbt into your computer’s web browser..