Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good science fiction novels from them for free that they simultaneously have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is Limits, by Larry Niven, which you should be pleased to note while this book costs $6.99 in the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow the instructions below.
You can pick up your free copy if you follow these instructions:
- Point your web browser to http://smarturl.it/ppick
- Scroll down just a little bit and click on the “ADD TO CART” icon immediately to the right of the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, leading you to a checkout page. Change the price underneath the “Amount” column to 0.00, as this is a pay-what-you-want offering.
- Click the “Update Cart” icon.
- Click the “Checkout” icon.
- Enter your name and email address. You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.
- Make your choice and click the “Complete Free Checkout” icon.
- At the next screen, choose and click the “MOBI” version of “Click here to download”as that is the one compatible with your Kindle.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here or type in http://smarturl.it/xfer into your web browser to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free!
Here is the book’s description:
Here is an extraordinary mix of fantasy and science fiction from one of the masters of science fiction, Larry Niven.
The stories in this collection include some collaborations with authors such as Jerry Pournelle (Spirals) and Steven Barnes (The Locusts), as well as stories written by Niven himself.
Larry Niven’s credits include the award-winning Ringworld series, his “Known Space” novels and the Man-Kzin anthologies. His collaborations with Jerry Pournelle include such titles as Lucifer’s Hammer, Inferno and The Mote in God’s Eye.
Looking for more – or a more reliable – source of free books for your Kindle? You can check out my book, Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them, if you click here or type in http://smarturl.it/fkb into your web browser!